Friday, February 13, 2009

Settling In

I tried a new approach to moving (for me) this time around. I sold quite a few of my bulkier items (bed, armchair, coffee table, etc), and whittled down my stuff enough so that I thought it would fit into my Subaru and a rental SUV. It almost worked (except for those 6 big boxes and 3 book boxes that we sent via USPS parcel post at the last minute).
The cars were packed. This was my view through the rearview mirror,
Ashley and Charlotte - this next picture is for you. Thanks for getting me that lamp many years ago! It's moved with me five - if not six - times, and I still love it!
This picture was taken an hour or so south of Chicago. You'll notice the first (of many) Chicagoland Dunkin Donuts coffees in my hand. The excitement on my face is probably because of the coffee, and not so much because of the driving we still had left.
Our dining room immediately upon unpacking. ::sigh:: I had a big job ahead of me!
We had also shipped three boxes from Pennsylvania and three boxes from Maine after Christmas, so they arrived along with the nine from Texas over the course of the next three weeks. The dining room went through many stages and often went from looking bad to looking WORSE.
But finally - a sit down dinner in our living room! Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment