Friday, February 13, 2009

Chicagoland: How cold is it REALLY?

After making a somewhat ridiculously-poorly timed move from Austin to Chicago in January, I've been asked many times about how cold it is. Let me assure you it is COLD. Colder than I've probably ever experienced. The high one day was -6*F. That's cold. To prove my point, I'd like to share what Patrick wore on those extra cold days. I hardly believed it, so I took some pictures... Patrick wore a long sleeved shirt AND a sweater (although he only wore the sweater while he was outside). We've been dating for more than 2.5 years and the only long-sleeved shirts I've seen Pat wear have buttons up the front (most often, worn with his suit). So yes, Patrick's crazy and this was a notable occasion. Proof of the long-sleeved shirt:
Personally, I took to wearing two pairs of long underwear, several layers of shirts, two scarves, my favorite ski hat, a full-length coat that's rated up to -40*F, and I considered wearing goggles to protect my eyes when it was at its coldest. Casey, thanks for the gloves for Christmas - they definitely have been useful.
Let's hope the coldest weather is behind us for another year...

No comments:

Post a Comment